Ward & Rider Solicitors - Outside Clerk Job Advert
Ward & Rider Solicitors is a progressive legal practice with over 80 staff members offering a full range of legal services. We have a team of expert lawyers and support staff who genuinely care about our clients and their affairs and who provide the highest levels of legal services. Ward & Rider was established in 1948 and was awarded the Law Society’s prestigious Lexcel Accreditation in 2004, which we are proud to have maintained to date for our quality legal services.
We are looking for a full time, permanent, Outdoor Clerk to join our small friendly team who work alongside personal injury lawyers. The role will involve accurately taking comprehensive witness statements from clients and witnesses both face to face and on the telephone. Whilst this role is based at our Coventry office, it will involve travelling to see clients/witnesses in their own homes and will sometimes involve travelling beyond the West Midlands region. The role will also involve evening and weekend working.
The successful candidate will need to:-
- be technically proficient at taking witness statements;
- possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- be someone who strives for high standards in their work at all times and who possess patience and understanding;
- be a pro-active team player who is equally confident working on their own initiative;
- be highly organised and able to work to deadlines;
- be able to follow instructions;
- be confident in lone working;
- have their own car and full driving licence with business insurance;
- be flexible - as this is not always a 9.00 am to 5.00 pm role - working outside of these hours is often required.
Salary will be based on experience.
If you feel that you have the skill set required we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV to Lin Claridge, Manager of HR, Ward & Rider Solicitors, 2 Manor Yard, New Union Street, Coventry, CV1 2PF or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org