Information about using the West Midlands NARPO Website
While every effort is made to ensure the information on these pages is accurate and up to date, it should not be treated as a complete and / or authoritative statement of the law, policies or procedures and NARPO cannot be held liable for any inaccuracies or it’s consequences. The information contained on this site is not a substitute for legal advice. If you have a legal problem you should talk to a lawyer or adviser making a decision about what to do.
NARPO is committed to equality of opportunity and membership of NARPO and all our services are available equally regardless of sex, race, age, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief, insofar as users are members of NARPO.
1) Any personal details that you may send us via the website or e-mail will be treated as confidential by NARPO and, if they are kept on file, will be dealt with pursuant to the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
2) The data controller for this website is the National Association of Retired Police Officers Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley and Walsall Branches. Our data protection registration number is Z5666068
3) Your personal information will be used to build an accurate record of our membership and to provide a personalized effective service to our members. Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
4) We will not provide your personal information to any third parties without your express consent unless required to do so by law.
5) We will take all reasonable precautions to prevent loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. However, we would ask you to note that we cannot guarantee the security of information sent by email or over the internet.
6) Any changes we make to our Private Policy will be posted on this website and the revised policy will take effect once posted.
7) You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, the provision of which may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00)
8) The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
9) To prevent spam contact form submissions we use the google reCAPTCHA service. This works by collecting non-identifiable hardware and software information, such as device and application data which is sent to Google for analysis. The information collected in connection with this service will be used for improving reCAPTCHA and for general security purposes. It will not be used for personalised advertising by Google
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a file that is stored on your computer when you visit a website. Most websites use them and they are harmless text files. When you revisit the website later or visit a different webpage, a copy of the cookie file is sent to the website. They can be used to store information and have many uses.
What cookies do we use?
The following are the names of the cookies that are set by Google Analytics:
What other cookies do we use?
Our website uses a session cookie to keep track of the text size which can be changed on our website by clicking the buttons found at the top of each page. This cookie is essential to make our website work. Session cookies are temporary and are automatically deleted by your web browser when you leave our website.
How can I disable or block cookies?
Click one of the links below depending on the web browser that you use for more information.